Occupy Your Body
Movement classes in Calgary, Canada
Do you spend most of your week sitting still, working on a computer? Join us for these weekly classes as we get into motion, sweat, move, release and grow our somatic (body-based/felt-sense) intelligence - right here in Calgary!
Common side-effects of this type of movement practice are:
- Improve your overall physical health & well-being
- Expand your sensory awareness: Experience colours as more vivid, sounds as richer, smells and tastes as more complex, gain greater sensitivity to sensations
- Strengthen your body and increase muscle tone
- Improve posture
- Decrease pain and tension in the body
- Create greater flexibility in both body & mind
- Increase your movement efficiency, freeing up energy all day long
- Experience greater comfort and pleasure in your own skin
- Gain greater awareness of your emotional self
- Improve your intuition
- Access greater creativity
- Increase your feelings of well-being, trust, joy and connection to others
- Find greater presence in the moment
- Gain greater ability to meet and transform feelings of distress, anxiety and fear
- Increase your appreciation for the wonder and pleasure of the embodied experience
- Get great exercise without even feeling like it's exercise!
WHEN: Sundays, 10:30am-12pm. Jan 7 - June 17, 2018
*NOTE - NO CLASS on: May 6th 2018
WHERE: Alberta Ballet Company Studios - 141 18 Ave SW, Calgary
*NOTE - the outside door to the studio will be locked after 10:30am. If you are late, please peak-in and knock gently on the window and someone will let you in. We are usually in studio B.
WHAT: 90min class that combines elements of dance, yoga & somatic practices. It is designed to leave you renewed, energized, refreshed and more deeply in touch with your body.
WHO: Those wanting to get in touch with their own BodyMinds (no previous dance or movement experience necessary but those with experience will still benefit)
WEAR: Stretchy or loose fitting clothing that is comfortable and doesn't restrict your motion in any way.
- Layers - we will get more vigorous and slower paced at different stages in the class - bring clothes that will keep you feeling good, warm and comfortable throughout
- Water bottle - it is important to hydrate, especially after class. There is no water fountain but sink in bathroom that can be used to re-fill your bottle.
HOW MUCH: 20$ drop-in / 15$ for students, seniors, dance artists & low-income OR purchase your 5 class pass for 80$.
*NOTE: If cost is an issue for you and you still want to attend - pls reach out, and we can figure out another form of exchange that works for all of us. Embodied in Motion aims not to exclude anyone for lack of funds.